The Beverly Arts
Joey Zhou Speech at LABA International Art Festival Finalist Announcement and Icon Charity Awards
Joey Zhou gives a presentation at the LABA International Art Festival Icon Charity Awards
Joey Zhou is an international TV host, event producer, founder of The Beverly Arts, the Los Angeles Beverly Arts (LABA) International Art Festival and The Beverly Arts Online Exhibition, the "Zhou Zheng Art Channel", and founder/host of the “Zhou Zheng Show”, an independent TV talk show. Joey was appointed an honorary member of the Royal Society of St. George California in 2019 and an honorary member of the United Nations Association of the USA in 2020. The following is his opening speech that he gave to the audience at the LABA International Art Festival Finalist Announcement and LABA Icon Charity Awards Ceremony on September 29th, 2021.
Ladies and gentlemen, Good evening! Today is Wednesday, September 29, 2021. The highest temperature today is 70 degrees and the lowest temperature is 57 degrees. Today is the birth of ancient Roman commander-in-chief Pompey Gnaeus Pompeius. On September 29, 1944, representatives of the United States, China, and Great Britain held a post-war World Peace Organization Conference at Dumbarton Oaks in the United States. On September 29th, 1964, the comic "Baby Kan" was created by Argentine cartoonist Zino and "The World" was first serialized in a newspaper. September 29, 1518, was the birth day of Tintoretto, a late Italian Renaissance painter, and Titian and Veronese, who are also known as the three masters of the Venetian school of painting. I emphasize the importance of today's day so much, it seems that I want to portray the day when our LABA International Art Festival announces the shortlist today as being more and more magnificent.
As many of you know, it was 10 months ago, on October 28, 2020, that the LABA International Art Festival was announced to the world at this location. During the past 10 months, we have experienced the same need for nourishment, nurturing, nutrition, growth, development, and formation of a newborn baby as if we had experienced a pregnancy in October. Well, please allow me to use this time to summarize what we have accomplished at the LABA International Art Festival during this time:
1. On October 28, 2020, the LABA International Art Festival and The Beverly Arts Online Exhibition Press Conference was held at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
2. On November 27, 2020, the Zhou Zheng Art Channel interviewed Art Consultant, Michael Sean Degnan.
3. The LABA official website published that artist Jiannan Huang ranked 3rd in China, 19th in the World on the Hurun Art List 2020.
4. On December 20th, the first LABA Board Meeting and LA International Art Festival Organizing Meeting was held.
5. On Jan 25th, 2021, the LABA official website published “Cheers to the Winter Olympics 2022 with an Artist's Brush - Jiannan Huang with International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach."
6. On February 1st, 2021, the LABA International Art Festival Press Conference was held at the Maybourne Hotel in Beverly Hills.
7. On February 10th, 2021, the LABA Los Angeles International Art Festival held an interactive discussion with Artist Jiannan Huang and an interview with Princess Karen Cantrell.
8. On March 5th, 2021. TV Host Joey Zhou interviewed G. James Daichent, Ed.D at the Maybourne Hotel in Beverly Hills
9. On March 19th, 2021, the LABA website published "Art Critic and Historian Gérard Xuriguera Talks About the Art of Jiannan Huang".
10. On April 7th., 2021, artist Jiannan Huang was honored at an Award Ceremony for Royal Society of St. George.
11. On April 30th, 2021, Professor G. James Daichendt and street artist Robbie Conal were interviewed by TV Host Joey Zhou.
12. On May 26th, the Art of Jiannan Huang - A Private Viewing Event was held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.
13. On June 7th, LABA sponsored the Royal Society of St. George Honorary Member Award Ceremony for Matt Goss and Laura Angelini, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
14. On June 17th, LABA held an interview "How to Face the Challenges Posed by the Pandemic - An International Connection Interview"
15. On July 14th, Jiannan Huang was named as the first Blue-Chip Artist of the LABA International Art Festival at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
16. On July 28th, LABA attended “The Sun is the Same" Art Exhibition held at an architectural home in Studio City.
17. On July 29th, LABA attended the “LA Art Show 2021 Opening Night Premiere Gala.”
18. On August 20th, LABA attended the Harold and Carole Pump Foundation Gala Benefiting Cancer Treatment and Research.
19. On August 28th, LABA Board Member, Director Harrison Engle was interviewed on the topic of "Hollywood and the Pandemic Recovery".
20. On September 11th, Professor Richard Wearn published “Jiannan Huang - A Review of his Recent Artwork”.
Well, we seem to have participated in at least two art-related activities led by the LABA International Art Festival every month in the past 10 months. In fact, there are many other things such as the MOU signed with the US Art Bank, the visit to the Van Gogh Immersive Experience, and the appointment of the president of the French Fine Arts Association, Rémy Aron as a judge for the LABA International Art Festival.
And these big and small things are definitely not done by me alone. I wish to take a few minutes to thank many of those who have supported the LABA International Art Festival from beginning to end - Harrison Engle, Professor G. James Daichendt, Ike Khamasani, Professor Richard Wearn, Roccie Hill, Laura Angelini, Carlos Amezcua, Sharon Amezcua, Todd Williamson, Paul NJ Ottosson, Karen Han, Debby Jou, Dionisio Cimarelli, Douglas Ivanovich, Jesse J. Weiner, Rémy Aron, Homeira Goldstein, and Jiannan Huang. I actually want to thank everyone who is sitting here, including my colleagues in the press who are here today as well as those who were unable to attend.
There is one person here that I shouldn’t forget. When we were still asleep around three in the morning, she was still posting various art articles and artist's works on the official LABA Facebook page. She travels back and forth between Palm Spring, Los Angeles, and Beverly Hills. Before I announce her name, please allow me to recite a poem I wrote in English called "Sometimes When We Touch."
A glass of champagne is tasteless but freezes back and forth in the summer breeze.
It's slightly sweet between the lips and teeth...
In the crystal clear, a burst of red dress drifted by...
It should be a supporting role, but because of a special invitation to the throne of a song of ice and fire.
Hahaha, a 20-year strategy has carried out a great brewing in a heartless heart...
Election is a game, throne is power, and love is eternal.
We always think,
The most exciting plot comes from the past, but the screenwriter is making history;
We always think,
The most fun game is throne, as everyone knows that the fight for fate is the truth.
If the earth is a screen, we are performing lively 3D and 3D plots of Game of Thrones every day.
Forget about the past, forgot about champagne, and forgot about red lips,
I forgot the throne, I forgot to hug, I forgot the red dress,
Remember the HBO plot and the guidelines in the plot,
The plots that have been staged are not necessarily all in the past tense.
Remember the Dragon Mom in the drama and the current and future performances performed by Dragon Mom...
The corners of the mouth mean that the filaments rise up,
Pause, leaning over
Tilt slightly again, Bring it on! Sip another sip of champagne.
Well, the person I want to thank the most is the Dragon Mom mentioned in my poem. She is also the Dragon Mom in my heart, and she is also our LABA Dragon Mom. She is President of The Royal Society of St. George California and LABA Rotating Chairperson: Princess Karen Cantrell. Please give her applause. At this moment, in order to express my gratitude to her, I am willing to dedicate the first trophy to her as the first presenter of the LABA Charity Icon Award today. All right! My speech is over! Thanks again everyone!
Joey Zhou gives his speech with awards presenter Angelina Simionescu and announces the first LABA Icon Charity award will be for Princess Karen Cantrell.
Princess Karen Cantrell gives an acceptance speech for receiving her LABA International Art Festival Icon Charity Award.
Princess Karen Cantrell, Ike Khamasani, Harrison Engle, and Joey Zhou holding certificates for the LABA International Art Festival Icon Charity Award winners.